& Location Nambiti Game Reserve, Ladysmith
Directions to Elephant Rock
The Nambiti Conservancy is situated 25 km's east of Ladysmith and is only 4½ hours from Johannesburg, 3½ hours from Durban and 40 minutes from the Drakensberg. Please see map for details.
Directions from Johannesburg:
- Head for Ladysmith on the N3. Once you have entered KwaZulu Natal via Van Reenen, look out for the Ladysmith Toll off-ramp (at the bottom of Van Reenen's Pass.
- Turn left and drive toward Ladysmith on the R103. When you arrive in Ladysmith, drive straight through, following the N11 Road to Newcastle.
- From the last traffic lights leaving Ladysmith travel for ± 7kms. Turn Right onto the D45 Road, follow for ± 10Km’s, at the Y-Junction turn right, travel along side the game fence for 2 Km until you reach the gate-house which is staffed.
- Please phone 083-268 9026 in the event of you getting lost.
Directions ex Durban / Pmb to Nambiti Private Game Reserve:
- Travel on the N3 through Mooi River Toll Gate (R32.00), past Escourt to Ladysmith (direction Harrismith / Johannesburg).
- After Escourt; take the Bergville / Colenso R74 (R103) off-ramp / exit 194, turn right at the top of the off ramp and travel past Colenso towards Ladysmith / Newcastle.
- Cross the bridge (Klip River [also known as First Wagon Bridge] into Ladysmith and continue following the directions for the N11 to Newcastle [look out for the following land marks: Marks Tyres on left, Game on left and Kentucky Fried Chicken on left].
- At the traffic light intersection with the Caltex Petrol Station on the left – continue straight over the railway bridge and past TFS on the left and under another railway bridge.
At the next traffic lights continue straight (N11) towards Newcastle. Travel for 10kms and look out for the brown “Nambiti” sign on the left and a small sign reading “D45”. This sign is also on the left of the N11.
- Turn Right onto the D45 Road (road), travel for 10,3kms; turn right at the Y-Junction (onto the D46) and travel for 2 km until you reach the entrance to Nambiti Private Game Reserve (Electric Gate and Thatched Gate-house).
Our gate guard will direct you to the undercover parking area where our ranger will meet you and transfer you to the lodge.
Please note that Cellphone reception in this area is erratic.
Please phone 083-268 9026 in the event of you getting lost.